Why is Baptism so Important?
” In Baptism, we receive a special gift from God called grace, which helps us to know God’s love for us and plan for our salvation.
God shows us His love through natural things; water, oil, and other people.
Since the beginning of the world, water, so humble and wonderful a creature, has been the source of life and fruitfulness.
Baptism is the first Sacrament of Initiation and the gateway to the other 6 sacraments.” – Catechism of the Catholic Church
All in the Family….
- The family of God becomes our family when we are baptized.
- Every family has a home. In the family of God, our home on earth is the Church. Jesus said,” For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” (Matthew 18:20)
Family Preparation for Baptism
- A parent retreat held 6 times/year on 2 Sunday mornings after the 10 am Mass at St. John Vianney Church with refreshments provided. Babysitting also provided for all sessions.
- 2017 /2018 Preparation dates:
- September 22nd and 23rd 2017 – Full
- November 5th and 12th, 2017
- January 7th and 14th, 2018
- April 15th and 22nd,2018
- June 10th and 17th,2018
- For more information or to register for an upcoming session, call Karen at (902) 865-2112 ext. 0.