The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul is an international Catholic organization whose mission is:
- To live the Gospel message by serving Christ in the poor with love, respect, justice and joy.
Our Pastoral Unit
- Provide help to those who are in need in the Holy Trinity Pastoral Unit.
- Provide telephone and personal interaction with needy clients to assess individual situation for assistance.
- Assistance is given at the local level and is adopted according to the needs of the local community.
Being a Member of the Society involves a commitment to:
- Attend regular and confidential meetings to discuss action and plans to assist the needy.
- Visit the poor in their homes as calls for assistance are received.
- Pray and meditate on the service to the poor through the Vincentian Vocation.
- Collect and distribute resources to those in need.
- Address the root causes of poverty and injustice and exhibit a willingness to learn about these issues by attending workshops.
- Assist all people regardless of race, creed or origin.
- As Vincentians we strive to see Jesus in the faces of all we serve. When you see the face of Jesus, serving becomes a joy.
- The Society relies on all members and auxiliaries to give as much time as possible.
- The only qualification is a desire to care for and befriend Christ’s poor.
The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul obtains its funding through the Parish Poor Boxes, collection activities and donations from its benefactors.
Please call 902-864-0777. Messages are collected in the mornings Monday to Thursday and responded to within 24 hours.